Quick Answer: An affiliate marketing manager is responsible for the smooth running of a company’s affiliate program. This involves being a point of contact for affiliates and recruiting new affiliates to increase sales. Affiliate marketing managers typically earn $56,551 per year.
In order for affiliate marketing to work, it has to work for the online stores and merchants who run affiliate programs and it has to work for the affiliates who join them and peddle their wares online.
And this is why you need an affiliate marketing manager.
He stands in the gap between online stores and affiliates to ensure everything is as it should be.
So, if your business relies on affiliates for marketing purposes or you’re thinking about opening up an affiliate program, then having a competent and qualified affiliate marketing manager is an absolute must.
Affiliate Marketing Manager Job Description
Becoming an affiliate marketing manager means that you will be setting your foot in the digital marketing industry. This means that you will be establishing a relationship with all the affiliates and ensuring they meet your goals.
From designing campaigns to tracking the performance of each and offering the required support to each affiliate are some of the few responsibilities of the manager. So, to understand affiliate marketing better, it is crucial to know about sales and digital marketing.
Here are the duties and responsibilities that you will be trusted with as a qualified affiliate marketing manager:
- Recruit and hire new affiliates for the program
- Develop and execute relevant marketing programs to boost traffic and improve conversion rates
- Generate daily reports on the performance of affiliates and offer recommendations and insights for further improvements
- Manage relations with current affiliates and motivate them
- Stay current on all industry trends and practices
- Delegate knowledge and information eloquently to the team members
- Make sure affiliates comply with the organizational policies and practices
- Collaborate with other marketing teams to design marketing strategies and campaigns
- Troubleshoot any affiliate issues and resolve problems effectively and quickly
- Develop creative designs and assets for affiliates and their promotional campaigns
- Manage all the payments and issue commissions timely to the affiliates
- Track the progress of all the campaigns and all key metrics to calculate return on investment
Apart from fulfilling all the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities, affiliate marketing managers must offer top-tier customer service. In today’s competitive market, businesses need to provide the best customer service.
As an affiliate marketing manager, your goal will be to motivate traffic to the company’s website. In this context, you would have to handle customer requests and complaints amicably.
You would have to quickly respond to customer inquiries and generate effective leads and transform them into promising sales. Make sure you streamline your promotional activities and devise strategies that boost the company’s growth.
How To Become An Affiliate Marketing Manager
Here are the required skills and qualifications that you will require to become a successful affiliate marketing manager:
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a similar field
- Have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in affiliate marketing or digital marketing
- You must be highly organized and pay great attention to detail
- You should boast a track record of successful affiliate marketing campaigns
- You should have strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills
- You must be familiar with key concepts like Google Analytics and email marketing platforms
- In-depth technical knowledge of affiliate marketing
Career Paths For Affiliate Marketing Managers
It is always smart to establish a career path before you decide to pursue your specific job. You must map out your job path so that you are aware of the professional steps that you must advance to progress.
Here is a career path for you that will help you reach your desired job of being an affiliate marketing manager:
Top Careers Before
Here is a list of top designations that you must secure to become a successful affiliate marketing manager:
- Affiliate Marketer
- Online Marketing Manager
- Marketing Specialist
- Online Marketing Manager
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Coordinator
Top Careers After
Here are some professions that you will advance to after becoming a qualified affiliate marketing manager:
- Project Manager
- Account Executive
- Senior Marketing Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Affiliate Manager
- Social Media Manager
What Is An Affiliate Manager’s Average Salary?
According to a research conducted in the US, it was found that affiliate marketing managers make up to $83,900 a year or around $40 per hour. The top 10 percent in this field earns up to $113,000 a year while the bottom 10% makes up to $62,000 a year.
But this is not all that you will earn as you improve your performance, you will earn commissions and bonuses throughout the year.
The Bottom Line
The role of an affiliate marketing manager is a crucial one and without the right skills and knowledge, you cannot achieve the core organizational objectives. It may seem like the career path is long and challenging, but it is equally promising and profitable.
Just like all other managers, an affiliate marketing manager is trusted with critical responsibilities that help a business grow. It is a big part of their job to delegate and communicate all the duties of the affiliate and ensure that they perform well.
So, if you are looking to become an affiliate marketing manager, then get ready for some work and equally great rewards.